Sunday, March 22, 2020

hope, my essential travel kit from one room to another

for hope is gone missing. then hope is the shape of my heart.
my house.
its lights pulsing

I'm waiting for the night to fall
so I can start living.
I wanted to ask you if the ocean is freezing this time of year
if blood is changing its color
when sirens are passing swallowing the air

I found myself driving on the wrong side of the road
there were no signs to direct traffic
there was no traffic
there was no one.
no one at all
I made myself sure I was dreaming

we have enough toys left to teach them to dance
with each other
we have enough food in the pantry
to last us for an entire month.
we have strong vocal cords to soften our affection
enough time to teach our children
that art is the way of living.

oh silly me
to think that life before yesterday was slow in giving.

when death is singing, all glass shatter
this marvelous
unsettled blue light
bleeding