Monday, March 30, 2020

goodbye to the lights

It's raining. I never thought something like this would be possible
today
I am having a taste of it
I' m having a taste of your brilliant mind.
is it worth waiting for the sun to appear?
to take off my coat
for if the sun would send its rays to a place like ours
the storms will dissapear
the rain drops will fall somewhere else
like a pot of tea boiling marbles.
today I will not make any stories about my armless body,
its glowing sadness
this hairy creature at the bottom of the sea
a sexy shrimp shacking its rear end
a hot engine going in circles
and sideways
a muscle car needing lots of repairs.
behind this reality we drink big glasses of pink lemonade
where is your dear friend?
where is mine?
let's hold hands and never look at our elbows since we are
over 40 years old.
this time of year the water is cold
the market empty
this time of year the church keys are hidden
we can't detect the smell coming from any bakery
in the other room there is somebody else waiting, somebody crying
you've already said goodbye to the lights
and to all the things that will never happen to you