Wednesday, March 18, 2020

among the action figures and dreams

how many of my dreams I told you so far?
you are the only one I can trust to enter this building
surrounded by high, invisible walls

a yellow tulip was sent to me
there was no card
no love message, no goodbye
and as it goes in life, it was the end of that

I swapped my old dream for a new one
I ran and ran on the same road
like a mouse in a trap
someone had caught me and shot me with a real gun
I could still taste the blood in my mouth

the war will find you if you close your eyes
don't close your eyes
please don't close your eyes

dreams have no catchy phrases
no heros, no saviours, no behind the scene lights

you meet strangers
highly intelligent parrots on their shoulders making the introductions
we smile
we talk so fast
filling the empty pots