Sunday, February 23, 2020

Landscape


"What is life but soft desires"*
but so is death.

The smell of earth
makes us love what is good to be loved

A burning log tells yet another story
someone was lying that there's no other
left to be told
where is the end
if no one was there?

We take over something
and make it better or worst
using watercolors
and words
the background
invisible
like the most secret thought

Poetry is my craddle
you write and I humm. I write and you sing
bending over when the powerfull sky passes

What is good to love?
the toenails of my kids
the May breeze
a kiss
a kiss
Li Po and Clarice
the stairs of my house
the blooming lilies
all living creatures in the nearby forest

the shoulders of the ocean
each goodbye that promise a return

the subtitles in my native language
clouds in a warm season

the last act of a drama
the dreamlike improvisations the twenty-eight Angels
and the mosaics of Venice
as painted by Klee

you
loving me

_______________________________________________
* the quoted verse - Alphra Behn (1640-1689)